A good salad can steal the show. Like this one. Colorful. Crunchy. Herby. Zingy. Let this Asian-inspired slaw be the star of your table.
- 6-7 cups combination red and green cabbage thinly shredded
- 2 carrots julienned
- 2 green onions chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 1/4 cup mint chopped
- 1 red chile pepper chopped (optional)
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/2 cup neutral oil I used grapeseed
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce not the low-sodium kind
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 inch ginger minced
Make dressing. Measure and place all ingredients in a jar. When ready to use, cover and shake to emulsify.
Add all vegetables to a large bowl. Shake contents of dressing in a jar to emulsify. Pour on top of vegetables. Toss and serve immediately.
* Tastes best the day that it's made. The leftovers will still be delicious but noticeably wilted.
**I've written the time as 25 minutes to include the time that's need to julienne the vegetables.