Bright and lemony. Filling yet light. Arugula Quinoa Salad tastes great as an entree, side, or packed into tupperware for easy lunches all week long.
Whenever I’m invited to a potluck, I like to bring salad. People tend to bring meat and carbs but salads are the forgotten crowd-pleasers. Bright, crunchy, and full of texture and flavor. When done correctly, salads are amazingly good. They can steal the show and feed a crowd. I rarely go home with leftovers.
This is my favorite salad of the moment. Peppery arugula. Protein-packed quinoa. Crunchy almonds. Salty feta. Sweet golden raisins. And a punchy lemon dressing that tastes like spring.
There’s an art to making good, home-cooked food. For salad, the secret is lots of add-ins and homemade dressing.
Add-ins bring variety and flavor. You need elements that are salty, sweet, crunchy, and herby. A good rule of thumb: always add more than you think. Instead of a handful of chopped nuts, add two. Don’t sprinkle a little bit of herbs, add a hefty dose. Every bite should contain some of each element.
This particular salad also contains a hefty amount of quinoa. There’s just something about that textural, toothsome bite!
Also, homemade dressing is easier than you think. Add everything to an old jam jar and shake until emulsified. Easy peasy lemon squeezy. You’ll never go back to bottled dressing again.
Make this Arugula Quinoa Salad and bring flourishing to your community. Healthy, bright, and fresh. Protein-packed and nutrient dense. Deliciously tasty and crunchy. Enjoy!
PIN FOR LATER:
Arugula Quinoa Salad
- 1 142g/5oz box arugula
- 1 cup quinoa uncooked
- 1/2 cup almonds roasted and chopped
- 1/2 cup feta crumbled
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup dill chopped
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice preferably fresh
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp honey (or maple syrup or agave syrup)
- 1/4 tsp salt and pepper or to taste
- 1 clove garlic minced (optional)
- Cook quinoa according to package directions. Cool completely by spreading out on a large shallow bowl.
- Add Lemon Vinaigrette ingredients in jam jar and shake to emulsify. Set aside.
- In a large salad bowl, add arugula, (cooled) quinoa, almonds, golden raisins, dill, and half of the feta cheese. Add Lemon Vinaigrette and mix thoroughly. Add remaining feta on top and serve immediately.