Bright and lemony. Filling yet light. Make this easy Arugula Quinoa Salad with Feta! The BEST quinoa salad recipe for dinner or easy lunch meal prep all week long!
Arugula Quinoa Salad with Feta is my favorite salad of the moment. Peppery arugula. Protein-packed quinoa. Crunchy almonds. Salty feta. Sweet golden raisins. And a punchy lemon dressing that tastes like spring.
Most people think of salads as boring. But trust me when I say — this salad is anything BUT boring!
Bright, crunchy, and full of texture and flavor. This easy quinoa salad recipe is so delicious and tasty, I can’t help but reach for it first at the dinner table!
To make the BEST Arugula Quinoa Salad, you need a combination of salty, sweet, crunchy, and herby. A good rule of thumb: add variety and more than you think. Every bite should contain some of each element.
There’s an art to making good, home-cooked food. For salad, the secret is lots of add-ins and homemade dressing.
- Arugula. Peppery arugula is full of anti-oxidants. The slightly bitter flavor balances the other salty-sweet flavors beautifully.
- Quinoa. A hefty amount of quinoa creates a textural, toothsome bite.
- Feta. Salty and sharp, crumbled bits of feta are so good!
- Dill. Fresh herbs add so much aroma and flavor.
- Almonds. Crunchy and nutty!
- Golden Raisins. A little bit of sweetness rounds out all the other elements.
- Lemon Vinaigrette. A homemade dressing is easier than you think. Add everything to a jam jar and shake until emulsified. You’ll never go back to bottled dressing again.
What do I serve with Arugula Quinoa Salad with Feta?
As a side salad, Arugula Quinoa Salad tastes great with grilled meat, vegetables, or seafood. Goes great with kebabs and/or skewers as well as rich, braised meats.
As a main salad, simply add grilled chicken and soft boiled eggs. A hearty salad that’s nutrient dense and full of protein.
FYI, this simple grain salad makes a great Potluck item. Deliciously tasty and crunchy. Healthy, bright, and fresh. An amazingly delicious crowd pleaser that will steal the show! Everyone will be asking you for the recipe!
How to make Arugula Quinoa Salad:
This healthy, easy Quinoa Salad recipe is quickly assembled in a large salad bowl.
The steps are simple and straight-forward:
- Cook and cool quinoa.
- Chop and toast almonds.
- Chop dill.
- Make lemon vinaigrette.
- Toss together and serve.
How to Cook Quinoa:
For fluffy, perfectly cooked quinoa that’s not gummy:
- Rinse quinoa under cold running water, using a fine mesh sieve. Removes that bitter aftertaste.
- Bring 1 cup of quinoa + 1 3/4 cup liquid to a boil. Plus a pinch of salt.
- Lower heat, cover, and cook until plump and cooked through.
- Remove the lid, cover with a clean kitchen towel, and steam for additional 10 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork.
- Swap out the quinoa. Brown rice or farro make good substitutions.
- Swap out the almonds. Instead, use pecans or walnuts.
- Swap out the feta. Make it dairy-free with Vegan Feta.
Other salad recipes you may enjoy:
- Wakame Seaweed Salad
- Lime Cilantro Slaw
- Korean-style Rotisserie Chicken Salad
- Hwe Dup Bap (Korean Sushi Salad Bowl)
- Asian Slaw
PIN FOR LATER:
Arugula Quinoa Salad with Feta
- 1 142g/5oz box arugula
- 1 cup quinoa uncooked
- 1/2 cup almonds toasted and chopped
- 1/2 cup feta crumbled
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup dill chopped
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice preferably fresh
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp honey (or maple syrup or agave syrup)
- 1/4 tsp salt and pepper or to taste
- 1 clove garlic minced (optional)
- Rinse quinoa in a fine mesh sieve. Use cold water and rub the quinoa with your fingers.
- In a small saucepan, add quinoa plus 1 3/4 cup water and a large pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, stirring so the quinoa doesn't stick to the bottom. Cover and cook at low heat until quinoa is plump and cooked through, about 10-12 minutes. The grains will be translucent with a white dot in the center and white rings on the edges. Remove lid and cover with a clean kitchen towel. Let the quinoa steam for an additional 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- Cool quinoa completely by spreading out in a large shallow bowl.
- While the quinoa cooks, toast and chop the almonds. Also, chop the dill.
- Add Lemon Vinaigrette ingredients in jam jar and shake to emulsify. Set aside.
- In a large salad bowl, add arugula, (cooled) quinoa, almonds, golden raisins, dill, and half of the feta cheese. Add Lemon Vinaigrette and mix thoroughly. Add remaining feta on top and serve immediately.