Creamy coconut. Tart lime. AND easy enough to make with the kids. Vegan Coconut Popsicles with Lime are just what summer ordered!
Summer weather means it’s time for popsicles. Cold and refreshing, they are the BEST treat!
And these Coconut Lime Popsicles are right up my alley. Tart, citrusy lime. Creamy, milky coconut. A tropical treat that can easily be made at home!
As a bonus, they are vegan, dairy-free, and gluten-free. So everyone can enjoy them!
- Coconut Milk. Full-fat, canned coconut milk works best.
- Sugar. Adds flavor and prevents the popsicles from becoming too hard and icy.
- Lime Zest + Lime Juice. Essential for that fresh, lime flavor!
- Salt. A small pinch enhances all the flavors.
How to Make Coconut Lime Popsicles:
To make homemade popsicles, the method is simple:
- Whisk coconut milk and sugar together.
- Add lime zest and lime juice.
- Pour into popsicle molds + freeze for 8 hours.
- Unmold and enjoy!
- Don’t skimp on the sugar. Although it seems like a lot of sugar, it’s essential for a soft texture. Otherwise, the popsicles will be too hard and icy with the texture of ice cubes.
- Use a zester. Scrape off as much lime zest as possible! Adds tons of lime flavor.
- Use a silicone popsicle mold. Easy to remove and easy to clean, silicone molds are also dish washer safe.
Creamy coconut popsicles with lime are a great base for so many flavors! To keep the tropical vibe, consider adding:
- Mango puree.
- Pineapple puree.
- Papaya puree.
- Passionfruit pulp.
Watch How to Make it:
Can I reduce the sugar amount?
Although you can, I don’t recommend it. You need the full amount for a softer Coconut Ice Pop that’s pleasant and enjoyable to eat.
Can I make these without a popsicle mold?
Yes, homemade popsicles can be made without molds. Use a small Dixie paper cup and arrange them on a tray. Transfer to the freezer. After an hour, place popsicle sticks. The liquid should be frozen enough to hold the sticks in place.
More Coconut recipes you may enjoy:
- Coconut Sago with Mango
- Instant Pot Coconut Rice
- Coconut Panna Cotta with Ginger Syrup
- Matcha Coconut Pudding
Vegan Coconut Popsicles with Lime
- Popsicles Molds
- 1 400ml/13.5oz can coconut milk (full fat, canned, not the boxed kind)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup lime juice (about 2 limes)
- lime zest (from 2 limes)
- pinch salt
- In a 2-cup measuring cup, add coconut milk and sugar. Whisk until the sugar is dissolved. If the coconut milk is in clumps, make sure to break them up completely.
- Add lime juice and the zest of 2 limes to the coconut milk. Add pinch of salt. Whisk well.
- Pour into popsicle molds. Freeze 8 hours or until firm. If the popsicle molds are difficult to unmold, run under hot water for 1-2 minutes. Serve immediately.