Make these Asian Rice Bowls for a fast + simple weeknight meal. Brown rice. Crunchy veg. Shredded chicken. And a Spicy Soy Ginger Dressing that brings it all together!
Spring is finally here!
This is the time of year when we emerge from our winter cocoons. And our winter eating habits. Hearty stews. Rich casseroles. Vegetables smothered in cheese. None of these sound good anymore. Instead, we crave all things light, bright, and fresh.
Enter Asian Rice Bowls. Perfect for spring. Or anytime of the year, really.
When the weather warms up, I really enjoy grain bowls. This one is especially tasty. Lots of colorful, crunchy vegetables. Edamame and chicken for a protein kick. And that Spicy Soy Ginger dressing that brings it all together!
Grain bowls are great for fast + simple weeknight meals. Basically, it’s a matter of assembly. Cook brown rice and shred some chicken. Chop the veg and mix the sauce. That’s it!
This also makes great lunch boxes. I like to prep the brown rice and chicken in advance and stash in the fridge for easy lunches all week. Easy, healthy, tasty meals — all ready to go!
If you love grain bowls as much as I do, give these Asian Rice Bowls a try!
Asian Rice Bowl
- 1 cup Brown Rice uncooked
- 2 cups red cabbage thinly sliced
- 1 cup edamame
- 2 cups cooked + shredded chicken rotisserie chicken works great here
- 1 cucumber thinly sliced into half moons
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
Spicy Soy Ginger Dressing
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 inch ginger peeled + minced
- 1 Tbsp gochujang (Korean fermented chili paste) (sriracha is a good substitute)
- Cook brown rice, as per package directions.
- Prep the vegetables and chicken. Thinly slice red cabbage. Thinly slice the cucumber into half moons. Defrost the edamame. Chop the cilantro. Shred cooked chicken. Set aside in separate bowls.
- Make dressing. Combine all dressing ingredients in bowl and whisk. Set aside in small bowl.
- Assemble the bowls in advance. In each bowl, divide brown rice, chicken, and vegetables evenly. Serve with dressing on the side.
- Or, serve all the ingredients in bowls on the table. People can serve themselves and add sauce as they please.